Thursday, October 21, 2010

DAY 26: Gas Money

So after yesterday I must have "sucker" written on my face. Or its just the season for the less fortunate to beg more. I was filling up at the gas station as a lady was going from car to car asking for money for gas. He story was that she needed to pick up her daughter at day care and had run out of gas.
A few Issues:
How were you able to afford the 20 in rims on your 96 Oldsmobile?
Why are you driving if you cannot afford gas?
Is this car insured?

I was very hesitant to help out. It seemed like a bad plan but she literally saved me for the last person to talk to and everyone else had said "NO". I was hoping I had a few bucks and not a 20 in my wallet. I had a 5 and I figured I would rather give a 5 directly to someone in need than have the government REQUIRE me to give them 20 in order to pay for this ladies fuel in her uninsured "pimped ride".

TODAYS DEED: Gave some gas money to a woman who had presumably had no other alternative. I am going to feel awful is she hit(had an accident) with someone in her uninsured care while driving on my gas money.

1 comment:

AshWag said...

Joe, are you kidding me? I thought you were doing good deeds to brighten the world, not bring sarcasm and judgmental attitudes toward people. Maybe she was a true bum or maybe she was a scam artist. NOT the point at all. We help people not because they deserve it or even earn it, we help for a bigger picture. That women and every other scam artist will be judged one day and not by any of us. Even if you gave 2o or even all you had in your wallet, it wouldnt have phased you. The purpose is to spread positive attitudes, neighborly love and a genuine spirit of giving even when we are skeptic or doubtful. Remember to have a cheerful heart when giving. :) and I say this only cuz I know you have more to offer...
Your friend,
Wags