Monday, October 11, 2010

DAY 15: Men at Work

With my recent job change comes a new set of rules for dress code. Farewell to the cammo pants and jacket with all the velcro. No more are the jeans and polos of Xtra. I now have to think about what I will wear each day. Kind of makes me wish my mother was still dressing me.(That is not a true statement-Grey Suit=Brown shoes, in summer months). Now the dress-code for we "Booz Guys" is with few exceptions Suit and Tie. I wear a suit on few occasions, weddings, funerals, the odd event in Denver(someone will be in Jeans). To now wear them everyday is going to be a challenge. I need to figure out what goes with that and which tie will work that I haven't slipped bbq sauce on. The people at Mens Warehouse have been pretty good with me. Not only do they offer lifetime Steams and press for anything you buy there they also have some pretty smoking deal. One thing they promote is the donation of used work clothes. Maybe you get a new job where polos wont cut it or if you have to wear that time one more time you swear to God you will use it to choke someone with. There are better things to do that tossing that shirt or choking with the time. Donate it! Every Mens Warehouse will accept used business clothes. They take these clothes and GIVE them to less fortunate men who are in the job market and need the edge that dressing up can give you. As if doing the right thing wasn't incentive enough they also give you an in-store discount to be applied to your next purchase. So for my needs this worked out well.

TODAYS DEED: Donated gently used dress clothes to less fortunate men who are looking for work. I took in a few polos a few buttons ups that I out-grew(GETTING FAT) and got a great discount on a new suit and some snappy new duds for this new gig out east.

2 comments:

ryconic said...

Are you sure? Grey suit--brown shoes? I don't understand. Must discuss.

Joe American said...

Rycoinc,
The suit was a very light grey. The shirt was a pastel pink with a yellow tie. The venue was going to be a light event with mixing and the weather that day was a very coastal low 80s. The leather itself was a very dark and rich brown. Keep in mind I did get the job...just saying.