Sunday, October 17, 2010

DAY 20: WWJD

This entry is kind of hard to write. I really don't know how to dress it up and make it sound appropriate so I guess I won't. I met a buddy of mine out for a beer. He was on a first date and wanted to break up the one on one talk, or maybe show off this attractive gal, who knows. I showed up and we had a great time. One beer later I was ready to hit the hay. As I am making getting ready to bounce an older woman came up to me and started to chat. She was very attractive but also very drunk. She immediately opened up with the compliments and was very forthcoming in her agenda. I was taken back, something didn't feel right with her and her group of friends, besides me being completely not interested at all. I prodded around a little and discovered that she was new to town and was married with children. She had also made a few references to "faith". It seemed based on her words and actions that she might have been a little off her line when it came to what she believed in. Alcohol, friends or just a bad situation at home was leading her to make these poor choices. Having hurt someone that I really cared about I could see the wheels in motion.

TODAYS DEED: I simply gave her the "What Would Jesus Do?"...and "How upset would you be if your husband was out trying to doing this kind of crap". Initially it got me a pretty bad look but it was the right thing to do and after a min of trying to talk around the situation the gal seemed to have a bit more clarity.

2 comments:

Steven Blair said...

Good move Joe. That's First Class man

Joe American said...

Thanks Shipmate. Pretty tough call but it was the hard right over the easy wrong.