Friday, October 8, 2010

DAY 12: I'm confused

So today I was on a lunch date at my favorite Sandwich shop in the city. Once lunch was over we decided to walk around the area for a bit. My "date" was putting a few items back in my Yuppie-Mobile as an older gentlemen, arms loaded for bear, made his way clumsily across the street. It was almost too easy. I sprang to action. A light jog and 30 yards later I reached him just as he "biffed it" and dropped most of the contents of his arms. Deck shoes, a few files and a huge box of wine. At this point I am thinking to myself who is this person. Is this a priest that is keeping it low key and rocking a black t-shirt or some weird guy that I might end up on Nightly News if I help out. At that point I had already committed to the fight. My friend saw me go in the building so perhaps she could also later identify my body.

TODAYS DEED: Helped a weird guy carry a box of red wine into what I hope was a sacristy but upon later examination might have been either a cult room or a very large studio apartment with an alter in it. I am pretty confused to what was going on there and should there be a string of murders or abductions in the next few days/weeks I am totally going to NCIS and letting them know what I saw!

A very special shout out to Steve Blair, a fellow MISSOURI Tiger, Service member and not to mention a hell of a guy. He is starting up a blog. It is titled SERVIAM and can be found in the left margin of my main page. Give him a read, he has some good stuff on there!

And finaly,  a very special Birthday shout out to Ms Chelsea Brown.  Brains, Beauty, Drive, Kindness, Attitude  and Faith all wrapped up into one dynamite stick of a person. Your an amazing woman and I am blessed to have you in my life. Let me know when you want me to start lying about your age!

No comments: