Saturday, April 23, 2011

Man Camp

Often life gives us things that we can share. Money, food, friendship, and love. There are some things that you dint think to share but are as equally important. Knowledge! It is my opinion that a lot of the "art" of being a "man" is lost or is being lost. We pay people to do anything(Chang a tire) to mowing the yard. I love the oppertunity to roll up my sleeves and get after a task that most been my age would not even consider. What is even better is when you impart a little knowledge in the process.

TODAYS DEED: Taught a buddy how to Drive a motorcycle. We replaced the battery as well. After that I helped our landlord fix the kitchen sink. It was a very "manly" day.... I need a beer.

2 comments:

Pamela Blair said...

The art of being a man has been lost by most, but not by all. Some still know how to fix stuff, make stuff, take stuff apart and put it back together. Some still get dirt under their fingernails, but they're few and far between. I met one once...

Sherrie said...

Hey Joe...I don't have your email anymore, but wanted to say hi. I was thinking about you and came across your blog! Hope you are well...Great blog, by the way!