Thursday, September 30, 2010

DAY 4: Road-Side Service

There have been a lot of people who have been sending me stuff on other projects that they are doing and I think it is pretty darn cool that they were all up for the challenge. I have spent a ton of time in the Fort Benning/Columbus, GA area. For better or worse I have been able to make a few decent friends. It is true what they say about Southern Hospitality. A friend of mine Liz O'neil from Columbus is making a huge contribution and doing a very good deed for some special people. Tomorrow she is going to get her hair "chopped off"(in her words), in support of Lock of Love. For anyone that is not familiar with what they do they are a public non-profit that provides hair-pieces to financially disadvantaged patients under the age of 21 in the USA and Canada suffering from long term hair loss regardless of the medical condition. Liz is literally giving a part of herself in charity. Very cool beautiful lady inside and out. To find out more about Locks of Love please follow this website www.locksoflove.org   Several famous folks including my sister have also donated their locks.

TODAYS DEED: I am currently sitting on an job offer from a great company out in DC that I would love to work. I thought I would swing by my old office and inform them about my potential separation with the company and just to check in. On my drive over I ran across a motorist who was trying to kick start his boober-chopper. Any bike owner knows the worst thing you can have happen is break down a ways from home...most bikes don't even have the most basic of tools and if your out of gas forget about looking cool. I stopped to see if I could help. The bike was a custom job. It was a very interesting bobber and some pretty neat stuff on it but you could tell the rider was a rookie. He had a helmet and a jacket that looked like they came fresh from the catalogue.  He kicked the starter a few more times....no dice. right way i noticed a kinked hose running from his fuel tank to his carb. there was a clear tube that was either full or empty. I flicked it with my finger and it sprang to life...filled right up...something was in the tank or the kink was to sever for fuel to pass. A few other minor adjustments to the carb which was now full of fuel, another kick and the machine roared to life. He was pretty pumped that we were able to fix the bike and not lose too many cool points. Any other bike owners out there I recommend joining H.O.G (Harley Owners Group). They provide road-side assistance as well as have great safety and maintenance information.

No comments: